Tuesday, April 12, 2022

Gregor's Room Assignment

Gregor's Room Assignment



The Darkness of Gregor's Humanity
Response to Franz Kafka's short story The Metamorphosis.
White copy paper and ink. No adhesive
All pieces arranged to take up approx. 10 x 7 x 4

Explanation: The darker part of the story showed me different colors and showed how lonely Gregor was.

Detailed Pictures


Student Statement: I started my piece wanting to model it after the loneliness during the story. This meant that everything would have darker colors. I thought it would be interesting to show how I thought the bed was. I decided to symbolize Gregor with a baby since babies are born usually alone. I imaged the piece to be bitter or fragile which is why it looks so torn up.

InProcess Picture












No comments:

Post a Comment

Dinner and a Movie Assignment

Magical Feast  Various objects and materials such as Forks, Knives Spoons, Plates, and cups. Inspired by the movie:  Harry Potter and the So...