Tuesday, April 12, 2022

Figurative Sculpture Assignment

 

Pic of Both

Sculpture #1: SemperFi Memorial
Sculpture #2: Unseen Side of PTSD
AirDryed Clay, Wood, Paint, Fabric
Sculpture #1: 7 x 15 x 6 
Sculpture #2: 6.5 x 6.5 x 7.5
Artist Statement: For both Sculptures, I wanted to give honor to my Grandpas as well as the military. The first sculpture focuses on PTSD and how it's a hidden disorder. The second sculpture was focusing on the memory of the 13 military members who lost their lives to a suicide bomber in Kabul. It is shown in the first sculpture by half the face being darker than the other side with a hole in that side of the head. The second sculpture was my own version of a military memorial.

Research:
This is a memorial for the military members called Boots Rifle Helmet
This is the Branch my Grandfather on my mom's side was in.
This is the branch that my Grandfather on my dad's side was in.






InProcess Picture
Sculpture #1:
Sculpture #2:














No comments:

Post a Comment

Dinner and a Movie Assignment

Magical Feast  Various objects and materials such as Forks, Knives Spoons, Plates, and cups. Inspired by the movie:  Harry Potter and the So...